From:
Tanya M Vestal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 11:15:02 -0600
Both of our ferrets picnic, although they have different ideas of what
constitutes a picnic.  Bongo fills her mouth with food, and runs down the
hall to the bedroom.  Interesting note: she always sticks her head under
something to eat when she does this.  She'll only eat at the bowl when she's
*really* hungry.  Maybe that's why she's so skinny - she runs all the food
off going back and forth!  Boomer picnics like this, too, but he's too lazy
to make multiple trips, so he just picks up the whole bowl and drags it into
whatever room he feels like eating in - usually the bathroom.  (talk about
ambience!) The really annoying thing about him doing this, is that he always
leaves a trail of food behind him, like Hansel.  At least he's easy to find!

I asked for info on the "damage" the "non-native wild" ferrets were causing
in CA, but just as I thought - no reply!  Two other people on the list
replied and said there was no evidence or possicility of a feral ferret
population, and if a rehabber got one, it had been abandoned or lost.  A
lady from Arkansas said she had gotten two in at her rehab clinic.  Another
rehabber wrote and asked if she really thought they had been wild, or could
have survived in the wild.  THANK GOODNESS!!  Not everyone thinks ferrets
are responsible for the decline of our natural resources!  I will keep at
this guy about his information and sources.  Maybe I should 'sic' Bob on
him...

Finals week looms...I will be on a caffeine-induced head trip until next
Friday, so I apologiize in advance for any loopy posts I may make.  :)

Tanya
Bongo ("havin' a picnic...run down the hall...hurry up & eat...get more
        food...run down the hall...hurry up & eat...get more food...")
Boomer ("Oof! This bowl is heavy!  I wish this place delivered, instead
         of just having takeout.")