From:
Shawn Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 10:10:30 -0600
>Weasels do undoubtedly attack for life supporting food, but Domestic
>Ferrets DO NOT.... they don't know how to, they've been domestic too long.

I'm sorry, but I had to jump in.  Ferrets (even domestic ones) ARE
predators.  What do you think those "working ferrets" in the U.K.  and
Australia work at?  Our domestic (non-working) ferret is quite a capable
hunter, even getting to a chipmunk before our cats could.  (Yes, it's
tragic, but it is the truth.) Normally you won't notice that because ferrets
tend to live in cages and rodents tend to stay out of houses, but our ferret
has run of the house and our house apparently has too many holes.  Before
you say what a vicious abnormal ferret we have, I'll let you know that our
ferret has NEVER bitten anyone (at least not since we got him three years
ago) and shocked us very much when he got the chipmunk.  (At least our cats
chase things and act like predators, our ferret never does anything to give
himself away.) Of course a ferret isn't going to drink the blood from
hundreds of chickens.

- shawn