From:
"Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:15:13 -0800
Are there any diagrams of ferret dentition on the net?  I've seen Suki's
article on estimating kit cage by eruption of the teeth, but I'm having
trouble telling one tooth from another.  I would really like to find out
how old Satinka is...the Petco gave me the wrong set of papers on her!

On the lower jaw, starting at the canine and going backwards, she has: two
little nubbins just in back of the canine, a space, a bigger nubbin, then
a recognizable molar.  The one time I got her to really open her mouth, it
seemed like either the molar extended further back and wsa still erupting,
or else there is something still further back that is starting to peek
through her gum.

I had a harder time getting a look at her upper jaw but I THINK I saw,
back of the canine, one little nubbin and what I think was a molar.

Does that make any sense?

- Megan