From:
paul Nettleingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 16:01:40 +0100
A couple of questions for all you ferret wise people out there.

1. One of my Males, Leo is very playful and VERY nippy.  Doesn'tr so much
bother me as I can be very patient with animals(much more so than with
humans) but I worry.....I like to get the 4 of them to work for their
treats - come to their name and the like but Leo doesn't take the small
treat too well.  I think he is well on his way to being blind (Albino)
and I have found I can't give him treats or wear anything but shoes that
completely cover my feet without those nips that sometimes are a bit more.
Something once he has had a couple of treats, he get more playful and I
have to stop all together.  Any ideas on teaching him how to take things
gently and to calm down at treat time?

2. Lots of you seem to run shelters and I was thinking about it for the
future.  would like some details on costs.  Start-ups, what facilities I
should have, and daily running costs?  Anything would be great - thanks in
advance

Ailigh and the gang