From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:13:00 EST
While waiting for the day of the faire to arrive,Hood and the merry
mustelids kept up their stealing ways,relieveing the rich supporters of
Prince Litterbox of the burden of their heavy purses of gold and the
occasional bag of treats.They would visit a new village each time,and Hood
ran into Sprite Marian at many of these villages, and leave the locals with
fuller food dishes and treat bags.They were becoming the beloved of the
countryside,much to the chagrin of Prince Litterbox,who took it out on the
Sheriff of Knotingham.

"you really need to capture and confiscate this Ferret Hood character,"
growled Prince Litterbox,thinking of all the lost gold."Either that.or I'm
going to cut more than your pay.He's seriously reducing my profit margin."

"I've got my best men on it," the oily sheriff responded,"I'm working a new
angle.I have heard that Ferret Hood and my Sprite Marion have been seeing
each other.This may be turned to our advantage."

"I don't care what you do,just make sure you get results,the prince
practically whined,This Hood is cutting into my retirement fund,and your
fun,you haven't been able to confiscate anyone for non payment of taxes,
since he started stealing anything not nailed down.My brother,the King,is
due back soon and I need that gold to set me up comfortably.I don't need
to tell you he won't allow the heavy taxes or the confiscation.Now go,and
don't disappoint me again."

The sheriff didn't like being dismissed,especially by that greedy whiner,
but he was going to make sure Ferret Hood was taken care of one way or the
other.

The day of the faire everyone was excited and nervous.Ferret Hood couldn't
wait to see Sprite Marian,and stick it to the Sheriff of Knotingham.He just
couldn't help thinking of those sparkling ebony eyes,that black button nose
and all that soft, luxurious fur.He'd make sure she didn't have to be a pet
for that non - dancing weasel wannabe.What did he think she was,a dog?

No one recognized them at the faire,no one had ever seen a ferret with a
mask.Jill,Yawn and Hood all entered the ferret games,and got ready to make
a fast getaway,if necessary.

The Sheriff of Knotingham was sitting on the dais with Sprite Marion.Her
eyes were sad and her whiskers were drooping.The games were starting,so he
had no time to think about it.Hood,Yawn and Jill went to join the other
contestants.Jill won all the racing events,with Friar Muck cheering her
on,and Little Yawn won the wrestling contests.Hood was up next in the
fencing contest,and was confident he could win.He'd seen the competition,
and none were as good as he was.The only one that came close was the
sheriff,and he wasn't in the contest.

As translated from the dook by Sandy and Fursnakes