From:
Brett & Melissa Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 08:37:19 -0600
Dear FMLers,

I'm Jasper's mom.  Jasper was one of the sweet babies that passed this
week.  He was 6.  His dad has written to this list, but this is my first
time.

First off, I'd like to thank all of those wonderful folks who sent cards
and extended their sympathies.  You don't know how much that meant to us.
I find myself reading this list daily and realizing just how special all
of you are.  We all have a bond -- the bond of fuzzies.  Although our two
kids are now gone, I don't think it will be for long.  I know that my
life WILL be incomplete without the scamper of little fert feet.

I'd also like to send my sympathies to all of those babies who have passed
or are about to go to The Bridge.  I read your stories, cry and know that
our kids are together.  It's truly helping to read that we (my husband
and I) are not alone in dealing with this.  Please know our thoughts are
with all of you as you struggle, too.

The pain is still great and it comes in waves.  Sunday is the one week
anniversary for us and I'm sure some candles will be lit and tears will
be shed.  Sometimes it feels as if it will never end.  I wake up and
expect to hear Jas sighing in his sleepy place under my nightstand.  Or I
expect him to come through the doorway just to check if I'm still at the
computer.  The little things really do mean a lot.

Wishing all a Happy (Fuzzy) Mother's Day.  Hug your fuzzies.

Melissa
Together Again: Jasper (Mr. Man, Noodle) and Teeka (Roo, Girlie Girl)