From:
paul Nettleingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:14:59 +0100
After speaking to someone in the UK about ferret adoptions I was asked
to post some informtaion.  I have 4 ferrets that all came fromt he RSPCA.
The one closest to me in in Chobham in Surrey.

We have not had any trouble from the RSPCA at all.  All 4 have been spayed
and were in decent condition - except ear mites.  The only trouble is they
don't answer the phone during the day so we generally have to make the trip
to them to see what they have.

They keep any strays for 8 days.  I guess the downfall (although not for
us) is that they are only UK#5.00 (plus UK#10 for microchip option and
UK#17.50 for a spay) and they don't do a home check.  I believe most of
their ferrets are kept for only a short while and then sent to the local
ferret welfare people.....

If anyone would like further information about the RSPCA or adopting UK
ferrets - at least near London let me know.

Ailigh and Cat, Mouse, Leo, Jerry