From:
Mal Chick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:58:59 EDT
Okee, I intend this post to be an example to all those "Adults" out there
who have this immaturity syndrome.  (Not for all beans who have had to get
rid of them due to reasons beyond their control.)

I am, as a few of you know by now, 17 years old.  I do not have a car
or an official job, and I am homeschooling until fall of next year.  I
decided that I HAD to have a ferret back in may.  I was in a pet store,
and I saw an ad posted that offered two ferrets and their cage free to a
good home.  I jumped at this rare opportunity, and a fiasco followed.  We
took them, alright, but my parents were still iffy, especially at TWO.
The girls eventually moved in, but their cage was a pain.  It was
non-collapsible, a two story affair with a pointed roof.  We had to
completely dismantle it, prying every little metal band off.  Some were
rusted...

ANyways, it was a big hassle.  The girls were skinny and would bite the
crap out of anyone.  One of them had no hair on her tail; cleaning it
left plenty of orange goodness on the stridex pad.

Over the next few weeks, I came to know how much torture it was to clean
up poop every time I turned around.  I felt so sorry for these babies, but
it was work like I had never known.  Money that I could have been spending
on art supplies went toward litter, food, all the ferrety things.

But I would never go back on a responsibility.  I took on something that
honestly should have waited, and I discovered that too late.  But those
little girls need me.  I took them from a poor situation, and from what
I've seen and heard, they'd probably go right back into one.

Ferret lovers, next time you come across a bean with a little bean's
attitude, tell them my story.  I'm up from sunrise to sunset doing school,
art, ferrets, and also managing to get some boyfriend time in too!

Sorry this one was a little long...but it's worth it.

~Jessica
 + the two stinky angels