Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 10:46:42 EDT
Ferts are nocturnal.  Did you know that?  I read that just recently.It
surprised me as mine sleep day and night.  But I have a sound machine in
my bedroom to cut down on noise.  I have noisy geese in morning, and cage
rattler Little at night.  I have my machine on something soothing and low.
I can still hear noises-like Chewy when he coughs like a bark.  But I could
block that out too.

My machine has about 20 different noises.  It is ever so lovely.  I can
get crickets chirping while leaves rustle in the wind, or a brook with
occasional frog noises.  They are in many stores around here, and now much
less expensive than when I got mine.

You can also get a fan, and use this for white noise.  It blocks out a
great deal and is also soothing.But ferts here tear up newspaper, rattle
cage, and "pretend cough" as soon as cat starts yowling at me.It's pretty
adorable.  i used to give in and let them all out.  They just poop on
floor, nip your toes, beg for treats, and go to sleep somewhere else, wake
up, and poop on floor again.  I have a special breed of ferret.  They are
Stinker ferrets---every one.

Another solution?  have hubby wear earplugs??  Or let them all out at
night.  MAKE SURE Ferts HAVE THEIR OWN DARK AREA TO NESTLE IN.

Lisette