Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:27:05 EST
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! And one heck of a HUGE thanks for so many
ideas to save this ....this..... demonic obsessed MONSTER....I mean
cute little ferret.

Here is what I learned

1. I personally was able to pick up inflexible plastic cord containers
and a small saw at Home Depot. I attached the plastic in pieces to the
new lamp. Really did not care for this. There is a bare spot where the
plastic pieces meet. This cannot be anything but tempting.

2. Vicks works as well as Bitter Apple and lasts longer on the wires.
PLEASE write to all of us if this is not a good idea in terms of
poisoning a fert to put on the wires. It apparently works very well
for several people.

3. The online stores with 1-800 numbers were closed today for the most
part. So I ordered some flexible plastic from Ferretdepot.com online.
It is the best price and easy to use. I also ordered electrical tape.

4. The fire Marshall said that when sparks are flying out of the wire,
I did not have to trip the circuit breakers before unplugging the
appliance. Remember this. You will not electrocute yourself if you
do this.

5. My idea was to squirt water on wires to see where else I was in
danger. Plug in EACH item, and water would cause the sparks to come
out of a dangerous wire. The Fire Marshall was dead against that. He
said inspect every inch visually for breaks and gashes.

I did. The.....THING with sharp pointy canines... that looks like an
adorable ferret... destroyed the wiring to my China Cabinet and my
Hutch with my ferret figurines. They were not plugged in, or it would
have killed him. They are almost completely severed.

6. Only one pet store in several hours of driving had the flexible
tubing to go over wires..only two tubes each 8 feet. They were easy
to cut and slip over some of the wires.

7. The little pooper is locked in a cage I moved to the living room, so
I can see him and he can see me. He is totally in shock he is back in a
cage. He was only let out when the woman took a shower. I never wanted
to lock him up again. Sigh.

8. P.S. : He gnaws through stolen metal pop cans, heavy large plastic
water bottles, and has eaten through the crocheted eggs. The plastic
egg has popped out of 2 of them. He has stolen my large baloney from
my bags of groceries and eaten through the plastic around it, and
apparently likes baloney. I found it on the second floor of a cage
with what was supposed to be my wrapped sandwich.

He has flooded my kitchen, ruined a large white lamb rug I got
specifically for the ferrets by biting through a pop can he stole and
dragged out of the pantry. He likes to eat plastic,my soup, my salad,
my hair;and we had a fight over a green bean. HE CLIMBS up my leg to
see what the dumb dumb has.

I think I could turn him into a few meat balls. This somehow gives me
comfort.