From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:48:12 -0500
Yes ferrets can get ringworm but they don't seem very susceptible in my
experience.  Years ago I treated 2 stray kittens that were infested with
ringworm.  A neighbor child was helping me and put one of the kittens inside
her jacket.  This was after the vet had mis-diagnosed the ailment on the
kittens and we didn't know they had ringworm.  Anyway the fungus was
transferred to a couple of the ferrets.  I purchased Fungasan and applied
the liquid to their spots several times a day and it cleared up quickly.  I
did have one ferret that had Insulinoma and she had to be treated for the
fungus for the rest of her life.  When the Immune System isn't working
properly we are more susceptible to ailments.  We were able to "see" the
ringworm with a black light.

Hugs to all.  tle