From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:03:00 -0400
Dear Friends,

It is with a very heavy heart that I tell you my personal ferret,
Charity, passed to the bridge today, Monday morning at 6:30 a.m.. She
was 8 years old, and never sick a day in her life. On New Years day,
she lost some hair, and I knew she had a problem.

She carried on, and I was treating her but she still did not have any
signs of illness other than the hair loss. She had a melatonin implant,
and she died with a coat that would make a fur trader cry. It was long,
soft, and beautiful. She stopped eating a few days ago, and would only
eat baby chicken. Sunday, she would not eat at all.

There is a God in Heaven and He hears our prayers. It was my prayer
that, if she was going to pass, she pass in peace.

Charity LOVED her home, she would be out for a run, but she had to go
back and check on her house from time to time. She was in her hammock
this morning for a swing, checked out her toys, they were all where
they were supposed to be, and I took her out to feed her if she wished.
She ate her ferretone, and tanked up on chicken.

I put her back into her house, she laid down on the floor of her cage,
and closed her eyes.

She took a huge chunk of Foster Mom's love with her, and a piece of my
heart.

Many of you knew Charity for her running affair with Kitty. She was
always trying to get one up on him, and he played right into her paws.
Charity had been spayed, but not descented, so you could always expect
a surprise if she was upset.

I am thankful she died at home, in her house, surrounded by the other
animals with the sounds she was used to hearing.

So many of you knew her, I wanted to let you know.

Marilyn and the gang, minus one, at Ledoux Hospice.