From:
Pauline Peach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 05:10:20 -0500
My first ferret was a sable with a mask.  At that time most of the ferrets
had masks and it seemed that everybody named their ferret Bandit, so I
named mine Mischief.Then came Critter, because she had been abused she was
quite a biter when I got her.After that was Slinky.  Of course there was
a Snoopy because she was.  There was Sprite, because she seemed to be a
mischievous little imp.  Spook got her name because she was an albino who
had been pretty nearly starved to death and she was almost a Spook when I
rescued her.  After that came Splash, her name came from the fact that
she was mostly white with gray spots that made her look like she'd been
splashed with gray paint.  Last, but not least is Squirt.  When she was
a baby and even now she just kind of tries to "squirt" out of my hands.
Please pray for Splash, she's in the last stages of insulinoma.  She's
choosing not to eat and since she's 8 years old I'm respecting her choice
and not force feedig her.  Please no flames.  If she appears to be
suffering I will help her across the Rainbow bridge.  I'm up 2 to 3 times
during the night or if I hear her up.  I offer her warm duck soup off from
my finger.  I've got a hot water bottle in her cage to keep her warm.
Right now she's sleeping most of the time.  Again, please no flames my
heart is already broken at the thought of loosing her.

Polly, Spalash, and Squirt