From:
Z zzzzzzz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 06:27:09 PST
Alicia wrote:
>The regular x-rays ( taken twice) showed nothing-- full boold work
>showed nothing, he appeared anemic though counts were in normal range
>(Malabsorption problem) it was a barium x-ray which told other story --
>so if you haven't done that I would suggest it ASAP.

I would just like to add my experience-- when Amelia had her blockage, none
of the x-rays showed anything, not even air bubbles.  She became so weak
that exploratory surgery seemed like a last best hope, and lo and behold,
she was stoppered completely up by a rubberized felt disk about 8mm in
diameter (the kind of thing that's used for "feet" on stereos, computers,
etc).  My point being, if it looks strongly like the ferret has a blockage,
even if the x-rays don't show anything, chances are strong that it is a
blockage (if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...).  Discuss it
with your vet-- ferrets get weak so quickly when they're not eating right.

best wishes to all,
Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

But mad love is religion enough for my heart...