Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 14:56:26 EDT
Mary from F.A.I.R. says that there is likely nothing that will be done
about manager who refused to save the two ferret babies and let them die
in the aquarium!!!Depart.  of Agriculture does not care about ferts around
here, and there are no laws to protect them--other than that they must be
in a container they can turn around in, Mary says.  The depart. does not
have to tell her of any decision or indecision.

The store in Aurora, Ill where these helpless young ferrets were roasted to
death has closed, and another opened in Joliet.  So what can we do to help
prevent this from happening at your pet store???

Because of the hard work of animal welfare advocates in Ill, House Bill 811
has passed the Ill state legislature along with Two bills to increase the
penalties for animal cruelty.!!!!!!!!!!!

HB 811 says schools can excuse kids from dissecting.  They do another
project.

The passage of these 3 bills is a great victory for animals, students, and
animal welfare advocates.  However, there is one more hurdle to pass: the
approval of Governor George Ryan of Ill.

ALL of Your Immediate phone calls to the Governor will have a profound
effect towards securing his support for these bills.  So URGE him to SIGN
HB 811, SB 374 and HB 753.  Urge your friends to do the same.

Contact Governor Ryans office at....217-782-6830 in Springfield or
312-814-2121 in Chicago.

Or less effective: E-mail @gov.state.il.us.

So what if you don't live in Ill.?We Take this fight one state at a time
since that is what is needed, just like the necessity of legalizing ferrets
sometimes one town at a time.

PLEASE CALL TODAY!!

I've gotten sooo much e-mail on this asking what to do.  So many of us were
horrified.  Well, this is it.  THIS is what you can do.  Tell you husband,
best friend, neighbor, hair dresser, your vet., etc.

ANIMAL PROTECTION BILLS IN ILLINOIS NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Your calls will make a difference!

For more info.  on these bills, contact HSUS Central States Regional Office
at 1-630-357-7015.

For the ferrets,
Lisette