From:
Katie Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 16:25:49 -0400
To Dave Hinz:

Ferret toys?  Well, ferrets can make almost anything into
a toy.  Paper bags & plastic bags are favorites, because
they make crinkly noises.  The only plastic bags we let
ours have are the ones we get at the grocery store --
never dry-cleaning bags!  They also insist that shoes
should NOT have insoles in them, and will systematically
pull them all out.  Bandit will drag away any leather
sneakers & gloves he can get his paws on.  Cardboard tubes
are also good, and we have friends who got one of those
plastic dryer hoses for their ferrets.  Those big plastic
barrel-shaped containers for hard pretzels is another thing
they like -- one will climb in it & "defend" it from all
comers.  They also like to roll it around.  They love playing
in a box of styrofoam peanuts but we stopped letting them
play with those because we're afraid of them chewing & swallowing
the pieces.  That's all I can think of at the moment.  I'll
look around the house tonight & see what else they play with.

Katie, Jeff, Bandit, Molly, Charlie & Pogo