From:
James Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:01:21 -0800
Once againSandee, I would ask you to keep an eye out for one of my babies.
His name is Seth, and he is a big beautiful Silver Mitt, the kind you see
on calendars.  He was such a happy, peaceful boy who never had a bad word
for anyone.

Seth went in for surgery on Wednesday, for Insulinoma and Adrenal
Disease, but never seemed to recover from the surgery.  He came out of
recovery, but wasn't himself.  He could not walk, would stagger around,
and only wanted to drink...not eat.  The poor boy couldn't even stand to
relieve himself.

We called the vet the next day, and they said that it was a major
surgery, and to just "give him time", which we did.  We had to force feed
him many times a day, as he would fight "tooth and nail", but I couldn't
let him starve on top of everything else.  We watched him all of the next
day, and still no improvement.  We took him back to the vet on Saturday,
and had his sugar level checked (normal), got him a shot for pain and
more antibiotics, and were told he could go home.

We brought Seth home, fed him, cleaned him up and made him as comfortable
as we could in his "sick" cage.  He seemed to be resting easier with the
pain meds, so we let him sleep.

We then went to our monthly Ferret Club meeting and had a good time
talking to the other ferret people there, and then came home.

When we got home, I asked my wife to go check on Seth, and she did, only
to start screaming.  Our beautiful boy was gone.  He looked like he had
gone over to get a drink, and laid down...but never got back up.  I can
only hope that he went peacefully.

Sandee, please watch for him, and let Oliver, Fione and Leo know that he
is coming.  They know that Seth has always been afraid of loud noises
like the vacumn cleaner, so they can help him find a quite place to wait
for me.  He loved ferretone, but even more, he loved Honeycomb cereal,
and will send some along with him.  Tell him that we love him dearly,
and we will miss seeing his silver face staring out from under the couch
whenever we had to make noise in the house.

Rest easy my friend, you deserve it.

Jim Kennedy
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A Not-For-Profit Organization
Please donate to ferret rescue, click, igive.com or use Paypal