From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:57:07 -0600
Everyone
This is not about a ferret, but a ferret lover, who has Maggie ferret
and Maru ferret, Torrie and Mattea (aussie dogs) but about her love for
a dog, Colby.  Whom Gerri had to help cross over, the very day after
Thanksgiving, with no one to comfort her, all her local friends being
all out of town, for the holidays.  Please, if any of you, would find
it possible to help her through this holiday season, send her some
comforting words, as she will mark the 1st anniversary of Colby dog's
passing , yet again alone.  We, Gerri and I do not live in the same
neighborhood, let alone the same state, therefore my request to all of
you, for the comforting thoughts, posties, words, whatever you feel you
can do for her, for I am sure that she will be in a sorrowful state,
Friday.  Something we have discussed during numerous phone calls.
Please, for Gerri and Colby dog.

Gerri, has done ferret rescue, and is always online checking out the
Humane Society, in her area of course, for ferrets in need, and in the
past few months even adoptedJasper Ferret, whom after some discussion,
felt that he would be wanting a home for quite some time, if he ever
would find someone to love him, because of his health issues, and
appearance, he was in competition with 2 other ferrets,(more attractive)
and Gerri chose to adopt Jasper, not even knowing what financial crisis
may arise from taking and giving him a loving home.  Jasper passed away
in his sleep a few short weeks after she rescued him.  But, he knew the
comfort of a loving mother, and hammy and good food for the tummy,
feeding him throughout the night, his slurry, and trying to encourage
him to eat.  He will always have a home in Gerri's heart, along with
the other ferrets and animals who share/shared her home.  She also is a
trainer (dog) at a local petstore, and is always keeping a watchful eye
on the ferrets there, making sure they are well cared for.

For Gerri, thanks for coming into my life when I was dealing with losing
my Odin.  Thank you for listening to me, and Troy Lynn also when I was
dealing with some work issues, that are finally resolved.  Now I gotta
find another job !  Just thank you for being there, may I also be there
for you too.. .

Gerri can be reached at [log in to unmask]
I am sure that she would really treasure each and every comforting
thought, word or act, in memory of her beloved Colby dog.

Sincerely
donna and ferrets, cats and dog