From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:04:45 EST
Sukie, I know when Rocky is more content beyond my imagination.  That's
when he is in his little boys arms, being kissed 100 times, and snuggled
under Seans neck.  I know Rocky is so content because you can hear him
licking his lips and smacking his lips in exctasy across the room every
time.  I look over and I can see his little eyes, half closed like he is
in a dream world in Seans arms.

This is an interesting question because I have ferrets that I can not
specify indicators of happiness.  Somehow I just "know" when they are or
aren't.  And sometimes it's all in our perspective.  For example, some
ferrets might be interpreted as being happier if they hang around you,
look at you, nuzzle you, nudge your hand for petting, etc.  With Pong
that would indicate he is really missing us and feeling neglected.  When
he is off doing the Lion King act fufilling his role of alpha male, when
he is independent from us, and acting relaxed is when he is happy.

My ferret is like me.  If she is trying and exploring a new array of
foods or treats, that means she is relaxed and happy.  And vice versa!
Lol.

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/