From:
Lauren Sautner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 11:29:27 -0400
    In the past week I've had to clean Zaphod's ears out three times.  He
has only been living with us for a couple of weeks so I don't know the
condition of his ears before we got him.  I was a little bit concerned, I
was under the impression that this should only need done once or twice a
month and Trillian doesn't even seem to need it that much.  We have used
peroxide (which I read in a ferret owners manual) but I have also read
mineral oil.  Is one better than the other?  Also, is it possible that
Zaphod has an infection?  And if so what is the sure-fire way to tell?  The
stuff that comes out is a brownish color.  If anyone has any input please
let me know.  I would hate it if the little bugger has an infection and we
aren't doing anything to help him.

    Also, we noticed that his whiskers are relatively short compared to
Trillians.  I know he's not undernourished--he eats like a fiend!  Could it
be that they just haven't grown in yet?  (He's about 16 weeks)

Thanks in advance...

Lauren, Trillian (boy, you have yucky ears), Zaphod (just because I'm
always pouncing on you doesn't give you the right to pick on me)  :)