From:
Samantha Pfaffinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:05:50 EST
Hello again!

I just wanted to send you an update on Meadow.  I had to put her to sleep
this morning.  The vet called me about 6am and said she had lost control
of her bowels but her attitude was getting a little better.  So we were
going to give her through the weekend to see if there was any
improvement.  Well, at about noon the vet called again and said she was
going down hill fast.  She lost use of her front legs and was acting
spacey again.  So I went down to the clinic and when I saw her I knew I
had to put her out of that pain.  She was so stiff and uncomfortable.
And she was chewing her gums and couldn't stand up.  So I did what any
ferret Mom would do.....I took her pain away.  She is in Heaven now with
the ferrets I have lost before her as well as my Mom who recently passed.
And that brings me peace.

As far as what happened, we still dont know.  But we will have a necropsy
done.  And as soon as I get the results I will share them with you all.

I received many wonderful emails from a lot of you.  And I want to say
thank you for that.  I was feeling very much alone with what I am going
through because none of the ferret books talk about anything like
this.... nor do any websites I visited.  But knowing that a lot of you
have experienced similar problems, really helped me get through today.
Although I would love to respond to all of your emails, I got so many and
I am so overwhelmed by everything that I have gone through the last few
days, that I just cant respond to them all individually right now.  But
THANK YOU all sooooo much!!!  Your responses were very much appreciated.

I will keep in touch and let you know the outcome!!

Sincerely,

Samantha Pfaffinger
Las Vegas, NV