From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 08:45:37 -0500
>From:    June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Adrenal questions
>What is the life span like after adrenal surgery, Humphrey is noteably
>older, 5 or more.  I am assuming he is itching because the hair is
>regrowing, is there anything I can do to alleviate this?  Should I expect
>the right adrenal to act up?

There's no reason Humphrey shouldn't live out a normal lifespan after
adrenal surgery.  A fair percentage of adrenal tumors are cancerous, but
they don't usually metastisize.  Sadly, you probably should expect his
right adrenal to act up in about a year after his left is removed.  This
seems to happen in a large percentage of cases.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc