Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:08:37 -0500
Hi all dis is SaraFerret. I was waiting at de bridge as usual when I
spotted dis fluffy white albino fuzzy getting ready to cross. I checked
my notes. Den all of a sudden, he took a flying leap across de bridge.
SPLAT! Right ontop of de bridgegreeter. Oh-oh! Well he gots up and I
manages to unsplat myselfs and dusts myselfs off. (Its happens
before--I should have learned by now).

Oh my, de fuzzy starts saying, I is so sorry, my Mommy Sandy always
calls me her "Olympian Ferret" and I guesses dats what I thought I was
sposed to do.

Oh yeah, my name is Pie O' Bah, but mostly Mommy just calls me Pie.
Didn't means to splats you. Are you ok? Where am I at anyway and who
are you? Mommy said I was gonna go someplace but I didn't understand
where.

So I introduces myself, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Oh yes, I am quite fine. I should have
known from the note dat you were a flyer. Dis place here is your new
forever home. Your time on earth is over and here you will never know
any more pain or suffering. You will run forever on green grass and
have lots of other fuzzies to play with and plenty of food and water,
did I mention fun and games always.

He seemed a bit sad and a tear ran down his cheek. But I reminded
him that one day his Mommy and him would be reunited forever and
run forever together at de Bridge and dat seemed to cheer him up.
And den he noticed my wings.

Wowsie! What are dose for, he asked.

Oh dese are to fly throughout de heavens and through de clouds with,
I replys.

Well, Pie just thought that would be just great and he asks, do I get
dose.

Well of course, I replys.

So off we went down de garden path toward Kit and Kaboodle where all de
wings were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box
(of course). Pie opened de box and took out de wings--The brightest
Blue you have ever seen. I helped him on with his wings and adjusted
his halo. Newcomers need help getting dem on as dey are a bit tricky
de first time. He ran to de large vanity mirror and gazed at his
reflection--VANITY--THY NAME IS FERRET! He felt so great and his fur
was as fluffy as it had been in de days of his youth. He turned to me
and says, Gee I wish Mommy Sandy could see me now. Den I gots an idea.

So we went out de door and down de garden path toward de Misting Pond.
We sat down beside de cool clear water. I swished it and all of a
sudden, Mommy Sandy appeared. Pie started waving and dooking loudly,
Mommy, look at me. See my bright blue wings. I feel so good now and I
don't feel sick any more. I love you Mommy. He could see Mommy look up
as though she could see and hear him. Pie started throwing hugs and
kisses and wrapped dem with his love and laid dem on a nearby shooting
star headed toward your house. He made a promise that one day he would
visit maybe in a dream and you would know by his musky scent and his
scratchy whiskers dat he had been dere. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

We continued down de garden path toward his new cottage where his new
fuzzy friends had gathered. Dere was a Welcome to the Bridge Pie banner
dere. Music was playing. Fuzzies was wardancing. Inside dere was sweet
iced tea, cold pepsis, squirt cheese and crackers and a bit of cat
food. Lotsa noise and plenty of games. Pie O'Bah knew dat he was at
last in his new forever home.

So ended another day at de Bridge.

Loveys and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter