Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:07:52 -0700
I had to put my 2 cents in on this issue.  First of all, bravo Kaycie!  You
don't want anything to do with a guy like that.  Second, I just wanted to
tell you about my husband.  When we first met, he didn't know much of
anything about ferrets.  Today, I asked him to go to the pet store with me
and let me get a "ferret fix" (still don't own one...I want to wait until I
can afford it, including the emergency vet fund, and it looks like that'll
be soon! *crosses fingers*)  When we got there, there were 6 little babies,
and he fawned over them as much as I did!  Although I want to get my babies
from a shelter, if I did get one from a pet store, this would be the one.
It's Mark's Ark in Taylorsville, UT.  The ferrets always look healthy and
well cared for, I've never seen a kit that looked less than 6 1/2-7 wks old
(the guy at the pet store and I argued about this.  He said he thought they
were 6 1/2 wks, but they had teeth, so I said I didn't think they were
under 7), and the first time I went in there and spoke to an assistant
manager, I pointed out some things that I thought could be changed to
improve their environment, and the next time I went in, the changes had
taken place!  They are also always willing to stand there for 15 minutes
and let me hold one, even though I tell them I can't buy one.  But back to
my point.  After we left, my husband kept going on about how he wanted to
get one so bad!  I asked him how many he wanted, and he said he wanted
enough so that he couldn't walk across the floor without moving them out of
his way (which from what I've seen, it only takes one for that!) I thought
this was funny, because the first time I told him about people on this list
with 20+, he said a word I'm not going to repeat, and told me he didn't
ever want more than 3 or 4.  In other words, we ferret lovers have another
new recruit!

Jessica
(holding my breath that we can get one around Christmas)

PS If Rick Roller could please contact me in private email, I'd like to
get some info on adopting from him when I can afford it.