Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:27:20 -0400
Thanks to everyone who sent advice and suggestions for Minky's poop
(diarrhea & seedy yellow) problem. So far there hasn't been much
change. Pepto Bismal helps the diarrhea but as soon as I stop giving
it, it seems to come back. Jeff was kind enough to send me some
probiotics (Forti Flora), which I've been using for about 5 days but
I haven't seen a change yet. Klondike has some seediness too, but
otherwise ok. Neither of them seem ill in any way. They eat and drink
well, run around and play (when it's cool enough) and have gained
weight in the 6 weeks we've had them. I wonder if it's just that the
good ferret food is richer in protein and fat, and their systems aren't
used to it after eating the "bulk" ferret food that made their waste
smell like rodent waste. Switching to Bob's CG mixed with baby food
didn't make it better; it might've even made it worse.

Could Minky have ECE, and it's just running it's course?

How long can I use Pepto Bismal, or is there something better?

Should I get a ferret food that is lower in protein and fat than TF
and Zupreem (mostly TF)?

I will bring her to a vet if necessary, but I'm not sure it is yet
since she doesn't act sick at all.

Thanks and good health to all furkids and their humans.

Shron, Minky & Klondike
Missing Angel Rocky