From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:04:39 -0800
Price of wood pellets in California - over $10 for 40lbs now. *sigh*

Most places that sell wood stove pellets have rich people going and
buying 30 bags (or a whole pallet, basically) before anyone else can,
and that's the store's stock for the whole winter, a few pallets. The
stores also are having trouble sourcing pellets now.

I wonder if there is a pine pellet specifically for cats that would be
cheaper for me to find or even order, now that the price is this high
for 40lbs of pellets. We are having to use horse pellets, but the price
of horse pellets and wood stove pellets have been the same for the last
three years, with only a few cents difference wherever we go. I would
rather have wood stove pellets because they are stronger and last
longer, but I have to take what I can get!