From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:30:07 -0500
Hello all,

Many, many thanks to all of you who have been kind enough to contact me
regarding my chemo treatments.  I am behind on my emails and haven't yet
contacted everyone who wrote me, but please know that your emails really
help.  Thanks so very much !

Yellow fur - rings a bell !  One of our rescues, Callie, came to us
completely bald .  She was in awful shape, weighing far less than one pound
with an enormous adrenal tumor and severely enlarged spleen.  Both were
removed, and slowly, her hair regrew.  (I am leaving out her prolonged
recovery here.) She now has a luxurious, rich, glossy pelt of bright
orange.  She's albino, but approximately the color of a Dreamsickle.  She's
not on any meds, and is extremely healthy.  The vet and I are mystified.
Perhaps one of you can shed (no pun intended) some light on this.  In the
meantime, Callie adores her shocking coat - I think she's just happy to
have fur again !

Congrats to Sukie Crandall for her excellent posts regarding Dr. Klein.
She's taken great efforts to dispel some of the old tired rumors regarding
ferrets with some hard facts and research.  I'm especially heartened by his
going to second Sukie's plea that all posts to Dr. Klein be polite.  He's
willing to learn about ferrets, so let's not address him combatively.

Bob C.  - what a ham .  Your posts are always valuable and chock full of
info, but even better are your goofy ones.  I look forward to reading them,
knowing I'll end up laughing aloud.  You are very much appreciated, and
please keep the posts coming !

Best to all,

Kym and the Adored Twelve, featuring Callie, the Pumpkin Ferret, who
wonders why there isn't an orange color confirmation class.