From:
Sandra Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:10:58 -0700
>Subject: Re: Lymphoma question and chemotherapy
>
>I had posted a couple of days ago and wanted to let you know that I
>called my vet about chemo.  I live in the Harrisburg, PA area and he
>stated that I would have to travel to Philly to have it done.  That
>isn't going to be possible, especially since it isn't a one shot deal.
>Also, he mentioned that it is VERY expensive and estimated that after
>we were done it could be 3-4 THOUSAND dollars?  He also didn't seem
>impressed with results he knows of from the past.  I am disappointed
>but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experiences they want
>to share?  Thanks.

A couple years ago I had one needing chemo.  We would travel from York
(which is only about 30 min from Hbg) to the Animal Hospital of Rye.  I
no longer have that info, but we were sent by Capitol Area Animal Medical
Center (717) 652-0713.  They could give you the contact info.  The doctor
in Rye will need a history, any test/lab results, X-rays, etc. and would
give you prognosis, cost and any other info you need after an exam and
case review.  They were quite good with our little girl.  Chemo is always
expensive, but about 7 years ago we spent $50 per shot for a series of 13
shots.  This is, of course, dependent on the malignancy and how far it
has advanced.  You also need to balance quality of life with quantity.
Good luck.