Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:55:18 -0400
Bridge greeters, my little man CB was helped to the Rainbow Bridge last
Wednesday, Sept.  13th.; He'd been having trouble breathing and the
x-rays showed his little lungs had tumors all over them

I know CB didn't want to go, he felt he had more work to do here on earth
but the his body said no, your job is done.  CB wasn't suppose to come
live with me, he was going to Jimmy who use to be on the FML.  When he
couldn't pick him up for a few weeks he was fostered at a friend's house.
When I dropped him off he looked at me with an expression of "why aren't
you keeping me?"  Over the next few weeks she would call me and tell him
how he played well with everyone and was a happy little guy.  She would
tell me he was the perfect ferret for me.  Funny, the animal control
officer told me he "was the nicest ferret he had ever met" but I still
wasn't interested.  But CB knew how to sell himself!  When Jimmy drove
to pick him up I was holding CB when a fire truck drove by with the
sirens going.  CB looked up, pulled his tiny ears back and hid in my
arms shaking.  That was it, I decided he would be mine.  CB fell in love
with Maggie, that was his girl.  Butch had his moments of jealousy (he
would head--butt CB down the stairs if he was too close to Maggie) but
over-all loved him too.

After almost two years of living with us I got him a little girl of his
own, Chloe.  He liked Chloe but Maggie remained his lady.  Chloe arrived
in April 2003.  Maggie went to the Rainbow Bridge 9/27/03, Chloe 1/8/04
and Butchie 2/13/04.  He lost his entire family in less then 6 months.

Rather than be alone, Piper, Penelope, and JD came to live with us in
March 2004.  They were my friend's ferrets and they were having a baby
so CB and I adopted them.  JD (who is deaf) became very close to CB and
she has been so depressed since he's been gone.

Please tell CB we all miss him.  He was so brave and strong during the
injection that freed him from his pain, much stronger than I was.  I told
him no more Lupron shots, no more BG tests every 6 weeks, no more trips
to the vets.  I told him he would be able to eat his beloved bananas
again.  And Butchie, Maggie and Chloe would be there to greet him.

CB arrived 2 days before 9/11 and crossed to the bridge 5 years and
2 days later.  We had a wonderful life together little man and I will
always be grateful to your Godmother who knew you were the perfect ferret
for us even if I didn't see it at first.  She promised you a castle of
your own, I know you were my little king.

CB stood for Calendar Boy because he was so damn cute he should have been
in a calendar.  His Godmother named him.

Love, Connie, JD, Piper, Penelope, Smokey and Freddie
Missing Butch, Maggie, Chloe and CB at the rainbow bridge