From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:44:11 -0400
>From:    Jean Bush <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: weird things fuzzies will snack on
>Along with my beloved bundle of fuzzies, I also have parrots which eat
>pelleted bird food (fruit flavored).  Jewell, who usually won't eat any
>kind of treats other than ferretone... even raisens, just goes nuts for
>these pellets.

Wow, someone else has a ferret that likes their bird's food.  Our cockatiel,
Woodstock, eats something called "Exact" which is a pelleted food.  He
spends the day outside of his cage in our screened in patio.  Spaz can't
wait to get out to the patio to hunt down stray pieces of Exact.  I have to
say that a can of Exact has a real strong, sweet, fruity smell to it and
seems like it would be tasty.

Exact for cockatiels is probably much smaller than what you feed a parrot.
In any case, Spaz never gets more than one or two bits of it every couple
days.  I don't see that it could be harmful in very limited quantity, though
I'm sure it has little to no nutritional value for him either.  Our new
little girl, Penny, is starting to get a taste for Exact too, but Beasley
isn't even slightly interested in it.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.gate.net/~mjanke