From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 04:44:15 -0800
Hello,
I had made a previous post about Petsmart's internet site and how they
had products not suitable for ferrets and also products mislabeled.  They
had cedar and pine shavings listed under the ferret shop as bedding.
Also they listed all their litter as bedding, Yesterdays News and others.
Also, at one time they had wood chews listed for ferrets.  (which I think
they were confusing ferrets with rodents)

I politely wrote to them to educate and let them know that ferrets can
have allergic reactions and breathing problems with pine and cedar.  And
that litter should be listed under litter and not bedding.  For ferret
bedding, hammocks, old towels, blankets and other material are more
appropriate.

It took about a month and many e-mails later, but they have made the
necessary changes to the web site and now the cedar and pine shavings
are not listed under ferret bedding and the litter is listed as litter
and not bedding.  Wood chews are gone.

Through the whole exchange Petsmart was always polite and seemed
interested.

I would like to thank all the ferret people who supplied information to
me and to Petsmart to make these positive changes on behalf of ferrets
everywhere.  I appreciate the e-mails sent to Petsmart about the above
mentioned issues.

It is nice to see a company actually listen and make changes for their
customers and their pets.  They say that they really care about the pets
and their owners and I am glad they took the time and effort to prove it
this time.

thank you.
suzi Lambert
P.S if anyone wants a copy of the exchange forwarded to them, e-mail me
and let me know.