Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:19:27 -0700
dana marsh <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>What i do is put the ones that like them in the bathtub (incase there is
>any mess) the only thing is my ferrets dont eat them, but they are very
>protective after they have killed them, like this is mine and you cant
>have it!  I am breeding (or trying to) so that i dot have to wory about
>getting nasty mice.  In my personal experience, the mice have to be
>active, getting the ferrets interest, and then nature takes its co9urse.

There is NOTHING to do with nature in what you're describing.  Domestic
ferrets killing and then playing with domestic mice, is merely a sadistic
activity that some humans enjoy watching.  Ferrets enjoy "killing" balls
and pieces of paper and other toys just as much as they "enjoy" killing a
live mouse.

Now do NOT misunderstand....there is absolutely nothing wrong with
feeding meat to a carnivore, but to enjoy watching an animal being
tortured to death is NOT "nature taking it's co9urse (sic)"  When you sit
down to a chicken dinner, do you first run around and catch that chicken,
rip off it's head and watch the blood spurt into your bathtub and then
enjoy the meal?  If the answer is yes, then that explains a lot.  But
most humans purchase already killed ("humanely") chicken from the store.
If you want to feed mice, purchase frozen mice, then you'll be guaranteed
that these little animals who are just as precious as your ferrets, are
not "nasty".

Disgusted,
Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org