From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:22:46 -0500
Even though this may not be quite so obscure, ferrets are mentioned in Robin
Cook's _Contagion._ (I think I spelled that wrong.) In the book, ferrets are
used to conduct studies on the flu.  I apologize if someone's already said
this; I'm a little behind on my fmls, what with school and everything!
Plus, I just turned sixteen, so I've been a bit busy!

I bought some hairball remedy to give to Chloe and Velvet yesterday, since
they hadn't been eating their food as much.  Velvet didn't really like it,
but some got stuck on her lower lip, and she was trying to reach it!  Her
little head was working frantically to get that glob of hairball remedy, and
I was laughing so hard that I almost dropped her!  Then Chloe got some stuck
on her nose, and she looked like she was having a seizure trying to get it!
=)~They're soo cute.....

Also, with their winter coats, it's become really hard to tell them apart.
Chloe used to be lighter in color, but now they're about the same shade,
except that Chloe's underfur is yellower.  And they've both gotten so BIG!!
I suppose they'll shed the extra weight in the summer, and it doesn't seem
to get in their way, but they look so silly!  They're soo cute.....did I
mention that already?

Anyone know of a good way to stop a carpet digger besides putting a rug or
something down?  Since the rest of my family is scared of the fertlings (as
if they'd do anything), I usually keep them in my room when they come out.
(Don't worry, I stay there with them.) But Chloe likes to dig under the
door, and I usually let her out if she's really insistent, but I don't want
her to get the idea that digging is followed by getting out.  I usually pick
her up and thomp her softly on the nose, just so she's annoyed, not hurt,
but she doesn't seem to get the picture.  (My, but they are stubborn!) I
started stuffing a blanket under the door so she can't dig there, and it
worked for a long time, but then she discovered that she could get under the
blanket and dig there!!!

And lately, my phrase has been "What are you doing!?!" I think it's actually
more effective than a thwomp on the nose.  Especially if you say it in a
high voice!  I hear Chloe digging on the carpet, "What are you doing?!?"
Velvet's climbing the crates, "What are you doing?!!" Chloe's climbing my
leg (which is cute and sweet and endearing but other people hate it), "What
are you doing??!" Velvet's disappeared behind the bookshelf, "WHAT are you
DOING?!!?!" =)

Loves and raisins and hairball remedy,
Liz 'n
Chloe (stop *saying* that!)
'n Velvet (but I like the way the dust makes me sneeze)