From:
KatKuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:41:45 EST
It's now eight cold wintry days since the ferrets escaped, and 7 since
Megabyte was found safe.  I so greatly appreciate the many kind notes I have
received from FMLers.  Still no Cody and Dale.  I miss Cody so much.  She
was our first ferret, and my favorite.  I can't believe how upset I am over
such a little dishrag of a thing.  I miss the way she would prance into a
room and pose, to announce herself, and the way she would climb into my
chair each morning to finish the crumbs of my muffin.  I had trained her to
roll over for a raisin, and she prance over to the cabinet where the raisins
are, and wait, looking up at me with that tiny little face.  I miss her
weasel war dance, and I miss how she and Megabyte would chase each other and
wrestle.  She was so tiny, and her fur was so dark, and her little nose was
dark instead of pink.  She made a fantastic recovery from adrenal surgery
just last March.  I miss the way she licked her chops, and I miss those
little rough weasel kisses.  I miss the skittery noise she made when she
scrambled full speed down the staircase.  I miss how she would chase my feet
and bite my toes, and leap into the air.  I miss how she would determinedly
find a way to get into the large bag of dogfood, and steal one tiny piece at
a time, and run in a mad dash to some hiding place to eat it.  Then sneak
back and do it all over again.  That little tiny black tail hanging out of
that huge yellow and green bag.  And the 85-pound dog just standing there,
forlorn, unable to stop her.  I miss finding her unexpectedly sleeping in my
bottom drawer, a warm, heavy thing compared to the light socks.  I miss the
way she loved her cage, and how she would return to it on her own to go to
sleep.  I just miss everything about her.

Kat