From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:51:26 -0600
Fellow ferret lovers,

Hi!  I'm a freelance writer (in Wisconsin) working on proposals for
articles about the ferret situation in California.  I'm writing to ask
for help in finding some information that will help me convince magazine
editors how important-- and outrageous-- this story is!  What I'm trying
to find out includes:

Specific cases (with contact information) of ferret confiscations.

How many ferrets get confiscated in California each year, and how many
ferrets have ever been confiscated?  What happens to them?  What agencies
carry this out?  How pro-active are they?

Specific stories about how the ban affects the lives of California ferret
lovers/ ferret owners.

Specific legislation or a list that specifies ferrets BY NAME (not just
"mustelid family") as prohibited, restricted, illegal (or whatever) in
California, or lists ferrets as "wild".

Any other specific information about the California situation that can't be
found on the CFL, CDFA, or Ferrets Anonymous Web sites.

If you know any of the information above, or know where I can find it, I'd
be grateful if you'd let me know.  All requests for anonymity will be
respected.

By the way, I was the editor of the recently-defunct Madison Pet Gazette
(the Web site still can be viewed at www.petgazette.net), a local
publication for pet lovers in Madison, Wisconsin.

Thanks so much for your help!

Vesna Kovach
(608) 249-6681