From:
TODD PREIMESBERGER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 18:25:49 -0800
Hello all.
    I posted a letter a few days ago (HELLO!) but it never showed up on the
FML.  I got feedback from cuny and my server saying it went out okay - but
you know.  Any suggestions to where it went (or is there a mail eater
hiding in my computer?)  [Moderator's note: Your email was indeed posted
in issue #1365, though it looked like the very beginning of the mail was
missing (that's how I received it).  BIG]

    Well anyway, I'll repeat myself.  Hi, my name is Angela (my husband is
Todd), we are new to the FML and the wonderful world of ferrets.  We got
our first fuzzy on Nov.  1 from Pam Grant (She's doing fine Pam.) who runs
a shelter near where we live.  Her name is Gumbi.  She is a sable and is
three and a half years old (and is currently playing in my pots and pans
from the sound of all the racket coming from the kitchen).

    I have been reading the FML for awhile now and decided to speak up once
I got Gumbi and she settled in.  We decided to adopt instead of buying a
kit because reading this list and such it made me realize just how many
fuzzies don't have a home.  Of course we had our reservations, we were
afraid of bad habits such as biting, unsociable behavior, bad litter box
habits and such that were so inborne into the ferret that would be nearly
impossible to change.  Fortunally, that was not the case with Gumbi.  She
is a very well behaved ferret with great habits (She's terrifficly
litterbox trained!!).

    I have a question for anyone who is still reading this incredibly long
letter.  Gumbi is really skinny and I would like any suggestions on how to
fatten her up.  Could it have anything to do with the adrenal surgery she
had at the end of Aug.?  Or could she just be petite?  Maybe stress (she
has also lost a little bit of hair at the end of her tail)?  Any info is
greatly appreciated.

Before I go (hope you're still reading this) I feel I must say this.  I
think we should give a salute, pat-on-the-back and a great BIG hug to all
those who run our shelters.  They deserve it.  They put so much time,
effort, love, and money into taking care of fuzzies.  Keep up the good
work!!!

Condolences to all who have lost fuzzies recently (I'm sorry about Racy, I
read your postings right after you posted your last one - I was crying with
you; After reading about them so much I feel as if I know them.  I'll say a
prayer for all sick fuzzies tonight.  Fuzzy kisses to all.

Signing off (yea, I know FINALLY!!),

Angela
Gumbi (the new hyperactive fuzzball of the house)
my 3 hamsters (OH my GOSH! What IS that huge thing?)
my husband (Where is she now?  Is she under my feet?)