From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 01:05:05 -0500
>From:    Amon-Ra <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Genetic Diversity
>One thing that, I must admit, dissapoints me about several breeders on
>this list is the interest in breeding specific physical qualities and
>within specific bloodlines.

We think some understanding of what it means to breed specific physical
qualities and within specific bloodlines.

>I also observed that he keeps breeding information of all of his ferrets,
>including their parents and some miscellaneous genetic information, even
>though he does not, himself, breed and sell ferrets.

This is really confusing to us.  Did you state that you were disappointed in
breeders for doing what you now credit to Mr Lipinski?  Every ferret breeder
we know including the ranches we've visited track information about their
breeding.  This is what it means to have specific bloodlines.

Even breeders we think have flaws do this simple tracking.

>These activities are the sign of true competance and skill that are so rare
>among breeders, and I find it haunting that these traits are so difficult to
>find.

Perhaps if you actually talked to these other breeders you might find that
they too show this "sign of true competance[sic]".

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/