From:
Joyce Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:02:06 EDT
I have a very inportant question to ask the list.

I have two ferrets my male is nippy and rough when he plays or wants
attention.

He bite my husband who has Hepatitis C, drew blood.  Does anyone know if
the ferret can contract the Hepatitis C and if so if he bites someone
else can the contract Hepatis C from him?  Thanks .  Because he bit my
son.  I called the Vet and she does not think it is possible because
animals do not get human virus.  But I do know that ferrets can get
Human colds and Flu.