From:
Perry Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:13:18 +1100
I am a member of Hunter Ferret Pet Racing Club.  Recently our Breeder had
several introduced ferrets and a couple of his own ferrets come down with
what we believe to be ECE (classic symptoms).  After many vet visits, with
no results, we decided to try force feeding with food and antibiotics.

Our procedure is as follows:
IF YOUR ARE UNSURE OR EASILY UPSET SEEK VET ASSISTANCE

1. Mix meat and vegetables and blend into a medium gravy.
2. Obtain a Ciproxin tablet (Ciprofloxacin - human antibiotic) and cut into
   four.  Crush and mix one segment with the gravy.
3. Inject the gravy and antibiotic directly into the ferret's stomach.
   WARNING SEE YOUR VET TO GET THE CORRECT PROCEDURE.
4. Repeat step 3 three times a day.
5. Your ferrets might go rigid and loose weight initially but with your
   care this will change.
6. Keep the fluids up to stop dehydration.
7. Keep your ferret warm and with TLC you will have a survivor.

We have had a 100% success rate with the above methods.