Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:26:46 EST
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know about some horrible comments by Ben
Stiller, lead actor of the new movie "Along Came Polly."  He was
apparently nipped on the chin during the filming and turned the incident
into a publicity stunt-- perhaps because the January movie, traditionally
a time to release a sleeper, isn't getting him the attention he would
like.  The press seems much more focused on the ferret than Mr. Stiller
so it's time to whine about a little nip.

One person who saw the interview (I did not, having had knee surgery
yesterday, recovering from anethesia etc. ) said Stiller said:

""He would do anything to keep the ban up in California to not legalize
ferrets because the ferret bit him on the chin"  He called them ugly,
weasely rat animals.  He also brought up the fact that now Arnold S. is
in office as governor and asked if Jay Leno would inform him also not to
legalize them."

In any case, Stiller appeared on the Jay Leno show carrying on about
his encounter with Rudolfo the ferret and saying that since Leno knows
Governor Schwarzenegger, he should do something about it.

I don't know if Stiller has any idea how many good people in California
have been hurt by the very sad law out here banning ferrets, but his
comments are enough to turn me off from seeing this new movie or
supporting him in any way.  I have no plans to see this movie-- except
for the ferret, it's not very good anyway and those of us that rescue
ferrets here in CA already know how funny they are.

As one reviewer of the movie put it:

"...it's Rodolfo who truly carries the film, blindly slamming into walls
and garbage cans just when the romantic comedy doldrums threaten to turn
Along Came Polly into a by-the-numbers bore."

Shame on Stiller for trying to steal a show he obviously couldn't carry
himself by slandering his co-star.

I was forwarded this contact as Stiller's agent.  If you want to contact
him I strongly urge you to be polite in your comments.  Hopefully Mr.
Stiller can be educated about the offense his comments have caused, but
again, please be polite.  We don't want to sink to Mr. Stiller's level!

Nick Stevens
United Talent Agency
9560 Wilshire Blvd. / Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA  90212