From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 16:54:15 -0700
As far as I know, wood planks will have the same problems, unless you
finish them with something that seals the cracks fully (even though
they are locking, do you use adhesive?). Also, with any wood floor,
urine can soak in eventually if you don't catch the accident soon
enough, depending on how worn the top layer's coating is. I would
throw down some plywood and then glue on a floor of linoleum/vinyl
as a solid sheet for fuzzy proofing. That is what I am going to do
now in my apartment.

Good luck,
Laryssa