From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:21:41 -0400
Previously posted
>From:    Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Training for Traveling With Ferrets
>Ferrets in Vehicles:
>In your vehicle, you can loop the leash over the rear view mirror mount.
>
>It'll take a few minutes (usually less than 10, sometimes 30) for your
>ferret to settle down & give up on exploring

Hi--

In my experience a ferret roaming in the car can be a death sentence for
the ferret if it gets under the pedals or near an open window.

My personal preference remains to keep my ferrets in their harness, and
placed in a secure double wide ferret carrier, retro fitted with a
litterpan (screwed in to the sides) and 2 dishes, one for food, the other
to catch drips from the water bottle.  The water bottle is bungie corded
to the carrier door so it can't be knocked loose.  (Small automotive tie
downs are perfect, 3/$3 in many automotive stores.) Include a hammock or
sleep sack for the ferret.

My ferrets need to be secure and safe in my car like small children, not
allowed the privelage of roaming, even when leashed.

KG