From:
Diane Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:41:33 EDT
>Does anyone else have fish and a ferret.  I just want to make sure that
>I am not going to get a ferret and then it is going to eat my roommates
>fish.  The fish sits on a low coffee table in the living room... so it
>would be easily assessable for a ferret.  Thank you for any advice in
>advance.

LOL....we have a 55 gallon tank full of tropical fish and have 5 ferrets.
The ferrets never pay any attention to the aquarium at all.  BUT, you
better believe that if your new ferret has access to the room that the
goldfish is in(on the low coffee table), that will be asking for trouble.
One way or another, no matter what the ferts intentions are you better
believe that fish would be history.  :-0 Mine would have that bowl
overturned just to play in the water, in a heartbeat!

Maybe you could talk your roommate into putting little fishy in another
location?  Maybe if you want a ferret bad enough you could buy your
roommates fish a new aquarium with a stand?  You can get a 10 or 20 gallon
kit pretty reasonable at like Petsmart.  Then add him another goldfish or
two...that'll make him happy.  <wink>

Angela
and the 5 north GA fuzzbutts, Rocky,Glacier,Diva,Foxy,and Calvin