From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:25:32 -0400
>From:    "LOG MR. MICHAEL HACKWORTH" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret License plate in MD
>I was driving to work today (4/8) on 270 and saw a grey truck with the
license plate "Ferrets" ...

That is the T100 belonging to Sally Heber, President of the AFA.

Her other car has license "Ferretz" if I remember.

>From:    "Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: HSUS
>Just wanted to know more about the HSUS.

A very touchy political topic.  From all I can learn about the HSUS, they
are PeTA like in their approach.  They seem to believe that man should have
no domination over animals.  A pet is subservient to their owner, thus that
relationship is not good in their eyes.  They are not as radical as PeTA but
there is a lot of overlap in leadership and former leadership between the
groups.  They want all pets to be spayed and neutered - all which means the
end of breeding.  Once the current crop of pets dies there will be no more.
If you look at their requirements for a California bill that is pretty
obviously their intent.  No commercial breeders but a license fee so high
that no one except a commercial establishment could afford it.  Not a single
requirement dealt with humane treatment of the ferrets.

It is up to you to decide if you think that is for or against animals.  I've
made my decision.  Some of the ferret organizations prefer to have nothing
to do with them and offer no support.  Others support HSUS fiscally and
strategically by attending their fund raising Expos.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm