From:
Inge Nespolon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:19:35 -0400
We moved into this house 8 years ago. A lovely charming older home with
no dishwasher. I finally decided it was time to get one. It is going to
take some doing, but it will work.

Well it was delivered yesterday. A built in, not in a box, and as of
yet not a proper place to put it.[ My husband is the sort that needs
incentive. My plan is to make him wash the dishes by hand till he gets
it installed!.]

First the ferrets tried to remove all the outer loose insulation, not
to mention climbing into the guts of the thing. That I solved rather
quickly. I found some wood in my husband's workshop and secured the
sides being the resourceful person I am. I was so proud....

Well, turns out that the manufacturer puts insulation inside the
dishwasher door and can not be bothered to cover the bottom of said
door. Four ferrets and a white insulation removal party later was not
pretty. Duct tape meant nothing to them either. I am hoping they get
tired of this new toy, which by the way was not cheap and a good brand
name.

How was I to know you should get down on your hands and knees and check
out the bottom of a dishwasher door to see if it is enclosed underneath
or not?????

Note to self and all ferret owners: get on your hands and knees and
check the thing out from a ferret's perspective, especially if you
have what I lovingly refer to as "problem solvers" in your house.

We will endure this as we have many other things. Oh the stories I
could tell....

Inge