From:
Anthony Allen Poling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 03:15:36 -0400
Hey whats up?  I have been following this group for a while and I am sorry
for everyones losses recently.  This is my first posting to the group.  I
have two wonderful Ferrets; a 3 year old sable male (Sebastian) and a 3 year
old silver mitt female (Annabelle).  I am not the original owner, but have
owned them for almost a year now.

At one time while in desperate need of money, I almost sold my wonderful
fuzzies.  I do not know what I was thinking and I am greatful that at the
last minute I was unable to let them go.  Now I would like to get maybe a
3rd or 4th ferret and need some help on this.  Like everyone has been
saying, the pet stores around Toledo and Bowling Green, Ohio have ferrets
that are not very well cared for and very expensive.  I have tried to talk
to people at these places but no one seems interested in better care for
these glorious animals.  I would love to save these ferrets from their hell,
but I have held them and they are true nippers.  In fact that is all they
did while holding them.  I therefore, not wanting to bring home nippers to
my two ferrets and also pay a high price for a nipping one, I would like to
know if anyone knows of a shelter or breeder around the North-Western ohio
area?

Also, not to sound stupid or anything, but my two were 2 years old when I
got them and suppossedly they had received all their shots.  I have been
reading about the distemper shots and am wondering if perhaps I should
invest in some for my ferrets?  How often do they need them, or have they
outgrown the need for them.  Like I said, the original owner has lost touch
and when I bought them, I was told they had received all of their shots.
Should I trust this?  If I do need to get them shots, does anyone know of a
vet in this area of Ohio that works with ferrets?

Thank you for any insight you can give me about these matters.

                                TONY
                                Sebastian
                                Annabelle      8)