From:
Dave & Debbi Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:21:32 -0700
Hi guys,

I hope someone can give me some advice.  My ferret Finneous had adrenal
gland surgery about 2 months ago, everything went well.  A couple weeks
before the surgery he started walking like he was dizzy.  Kind of falling
over and walking sideways.  I thought maybe it was muscle weakness because
of the adrenal problem.  He had the surgery and the falling over and
dizziness got worse.  He walks with his head cocked to one side.  The vet
said that it could be an ear infection and put him on Clavamox .25ml twice
a day.  He has been on it since the Oct 22 with no improvement.  He is also
really congested now.  Weezy sounding.  He is eating good portions of duck
soup.

My vet doesn't seem to think it is a stroke or anything neurological.  Has
anyone here ever experienced this with their ferret?  If it is an ear
infection how long does it take it clear up?  Any advice would be really
appreciated.  You can email me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks.

Debbi Martin
Pywacket and the dirty dozen

Thanks Big for all you do!!!!!