Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:25:39 -0600
Hey all.

It's been a while since I've written, actually I've been having a hard time
keeping up!  I just got a call from my parents last night and my father told
me that they had a "situation."  (A word that always inspires panic...)
Apparently, the children of one of my mom's coworkers found a ferret
yesterday, and since their father knew that my folks had ferts, my parents
ended up with the ferret.

The ferret in question had a harness and bell on, so it was obviously
someone's lost pet.  I was hoping that noone would claim it, because my
folks said it was sweet.  Just hours after my folks contacted the local
ferret shelter/club contacts, though, the owner of the lost fuzzy was found.
Darn.  I was sort of hoping to get another ferret, although I'm glad that it
was reunited with its family.  I guess the moral of the story is that it's
good to be involved with local ferret groups, just in case.  Rick and Candi
White (in San Antonio) did a good job of finding the ferret's family.

On another note, I'm planning to get a dog.  I searched through breed books
to find a canine that would fit my needs/lifestyle.  The potential to get
along with the ferrets was one of the primary things I was looking for.  The
breed I chose is the Pharaoh Hound, who according to several sources is used
to hunt rabbits...and is often used in conjunction with ferrets as a team.
The ferrets flush the rabbits out, and the dogs do the rest.  Anybody have
any experience with this unusual breed and their attitude toward ferrets?

Well, thanks for all the info...
Kelly
Reverend Maynard, Edie, Cosette, Static and Magkij znak...
                                   --->Kelly
 |\__\           /__/|          Head of Animal Optometry
 |  o o         o o  |          "Damn you, Let the Rabbits wear glasses"
/    =p=    =q=    \          University of Houston

(everybody's gotta love crappy ascii art...)
Reverend Maynard: "I'm not looking at you."  Edie: "Snore, squeak."
** "The following sentence is true.  The previous sentence is false." **