From:
Valerie Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 13:32:03 -0400
I think the HSUS has some unfortunate view concerning ferrets.  I also think
that the HSUS does an amazing amount of good.  I think it is unfair and
unwise to call their leadership "extreme radicals" because of their phone
etitquite.  I do not see how cutting available funds for other animals is
going to help ferrets.  I own dogs and ferrets.  I do not need the HSUS to
help me with my ferrets.  No one does.  There are many dog and cat owners
that do need their help.  If you do not like the HSUS stance on
ferrets...then separate yourself from the organization.  Please do not
separate yourself from the organization in an attempt to control its agenda.
 You will only hurt other animals and animal owners.... particularly lower
income animal owners.  The present leadership is only enacting policies that
existed before they came (I happen to disagree with their ferret policies).
 This makes them beuracrats... not extreme radicals.  Inciting rebellion in
attempt to force your views upon others is being an "extreme radical".  That
is what YOU are doing.