From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:57:51 -0400
I have been told and read that the federal government will begin
poisoning prairie dogs in southwestern South Dakota next week after
reaching a deal with conservationists designed to protect the endangered
black-footed ferret.

You can read the article yourself by clicking on this link below.  As it
says in the article there is a buffer zone but I am sure the black footed
ferrets don't know that!  and how do they know exactly where all the
ferrets are anyway.

My concern is, what will happen to the black footed ferrets or any other
animal that eats the oats(bait) or the poisend prairie dogs?  Does anyone
on this list know or have an idea?  Not that I am for the poisening of
the prairie dogs, I do not believe in poisening any animal, anyway here
is the link for those who wish to view it:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/08/prairie.dogs.ap/index.html

Eleanor, Donald and the 9 fuzzies,
missing Sarah and Cooper J